Thursday, October 2, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Just found this on my old e-mail while I was looking for something else! Such a tender reminder of such a special time


March 6, 2011
Anna was baptized on Saturday. What a special day. I think back to two years ago when little Anna had just joined our family. So much was up in the air. We had temporary guardianship, but had yet to get permanent guardianship, let alone begin the adoption process that would take the next two years. From the moment I met this little angel, I knew she was ours. My spirit shouted for joy, the minute I laid eyes on her. She was holding mommy Rachel’s hand and walking ever so bravely towards her forever family. (Minus her daddy who was back home working, and holding down the fort.)

After only spending a quick dinner with her I called James, barely able to talk, because I was overcome with emotion. Could this beautiful little angel REALLY be the one we had been waiting for, crying for, praying for. James answered with his standard hello.I mustered the words; “It’s her, we have found our little girl!!!”.   James' response was, "slow down, we can talk about this when you get home". I explained to him that was not really an option as Rachel Mommy was also sure and wanted us to take Anna immediately, that day. I asked him to please pray quick and I would as well so we could try and figure out who to talk to, and how to make this a reality.

No comments: